Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2014

Celebrating Children Workshop, Romania

The workshop in Romania was informative and just plain fun. Janna Moats and her team from Loom in Portland, did such a good job of giving valuable information and combining it with creative activities. The days went quickly and every day I kept thinking of how many people could benefit from this important information. Although, the workshop is intended for cross-cultural workers, I could see many applications for parents and caregivers in my small community. I look forward to going home and sharing with people in the community who are active in making Barstow a better place to live.

I began my next training program, Crisis Care International Training. This pilot program is being delivered online for the first time and I'm excited to be part of it. Our team consists of a woman from Northern California, myself, a lady running a children's home in Sri Lanka, and a gentleman from Uganda, that had his computer stolen so don't know if he will get a new computer in time to continue the class. I'm sitting in the airport in Dublin so I'm missing the second class...bummer. I will rejoin the class next weekend. Too zombified to continue with this post..been up for 24hrs except for 2 hours of sleep slumped over in a chair at the airport...ugh.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment