Search This Blog

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Welcome to Italy

My ride was confused about my arrival and thought it was 10pm instead of am. I got tired of waiting and after 2 hours went in to get a sandwich and a coffee. That snack cost me about $1600--very expensive snack. I must confess by time I arrived in the office of the Polizcia, I cried like a baby. Thank God for technology. I spoke with my daughters over Skype and phone calls were made, credit cards cancelled and peace restored, at least in my mind. God bless those daughters of mine who jumped into action immediately. At first, I entertained the idea of going home, but after some prayer I felt so strongly that I should press on and do what I came to do. God has me on a journey to be trained in a protocol for caregivers. Training that will equip the caregiver to care for traumatized children more efficiently. The training also helps them learn ways to self-care. There is enormous need to bring restoration not only to the children but to restore the caregivers as well. Working with these children is heartbreaking work that would tax anyone. They need every tool at their disposal. I hope to be part of that equipping process.
Cioa


 

No comments:

Post a Comment