Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Here in Ireland with the Cammacks and enjoying this beautiful country. People are friendly and it green and cold, with lots of hot coffee and the best scones on the planet. I visited the Dunbrody, a ship that was used to transport immigrants to Canada and America during the potato famine. I crawled into the area under the ship where the steerage passengers spent 50 some days journeying to their new homes. It was miserable and damp and imagining the hardships of the starving desperate people left me feeling sad for their short lives.

Tonight we went to the new home of Rachel and Ben Miller, the Cammack's daughter and her husband. Noel and Heather showed up with baby Jewel. We ate tacos made from the corn tortillas I brought from California. Great food and great fun.

Leaving for Italy Feb. 2. and I'm already somewhat concerned about finances. Turns out for every dollar I spend I only get 60cents in the exchange, ouch. Still have lots of training and lots of work to do but trusting that it will all work out because God's on my side. :) Very excited about the training both in Italy and Romania.

No comments:

Post a Comment